I’m trying out some new recipes this week! This one was easy and a big hit!
- 1 (pound) lean ground beef
- 1 (cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 (whole) onion, diced
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- 3 (small) red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 3/4 (cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Halfway through browning, add mushrooms and onion. Continue cooking until meat is fully browned; drain fat from skillet. Season with salt and peper.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan of water until boiling. Place peppers in water, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, until just tender; remove from water. Place peppers, hollow side up, in a 9×13 inch baking dish, and fill each with beef mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until bubbling. Top with cheese, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.